My Choice Family Care is committed to your independence! Since 2000, we have provided the Family Care program to over 27,300 people in Wisconsin. Today, we serve over 8,400 Members.

We are committed to helping the people in our community remain as independent as possible. We believe that if you need long-term care services, you should be able to get them when you need them and at a place you choose.

Our goal is to work with you to design a plan to provide you with cost-effective care that meets your outcomes. We are a financially strong organization that strives to ensure that our Members receive services that are delivered the Right Way for each Person – at the Right Time – in the Right Place – for the Right Cost and for the Right Reasons.

Member Portal Login


Login to Portal Here

New to Family Care?

Upon enrollment with My Choice Family Care, you will be contacted by a member of your Team. They will set up a time to meet with you, within your first 10 days as a Member. At this meeting, you will get to know your Case Manager, your Nurse and have the opportunity to express your goals, issues, and ask questions that are important to you. You will also work to develop a plan as to whom you would like to include as a part of your Team, such as family members, friends, and other supports. A Member Handbook and valuable information regarding My Choice Family Care will be provided as well.

Aging and Disability Resource Centers!

Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs) are the first place to go to get information on all aspects of life related to aging or living with a disability. Anyone - individuals, concerned families or friends, or professionals working with issues related to aging or disabilities - can go to an ADRC for information tailored to their situation. The ADRC provides information on a broad range of programs and services, helps people understand the various long term care options available to them, helps people apply for programs and benefits, and serves as the access point for publicly-funded long term care. These services can be provided at the ADRC, via telephone, or through a home visit, whichever is more convenient to the individual seeking help.

ADRC of Kenosha County

8600 Sheridan Road, Suite 500

Kenosha, WI  53143

Phone: (800) 472-8008

TTY/TDD/Relay: WI Relay 711

The Disability Resource Center of Milwaukee County

1220 W. Vliet Street, Suite 300

Milwaukee, WI 53205

Phone: (414) 289-6660

TTY: (414) 289-8559

The Milwaukee County Department of Health and Human Services operates the Disability Resource Center.

Aging Resource Center of Milwaukee County

1220 W. Vliet Street, Suite 302

Milwaukee, WI 53205

Phone: (414) 289-6874

TTY: (414) 289-8591

Toll Free: (866) 229-9695

The Milwaukee County Department on Aging operates the Aging Resource Center.

ADRC of Ozaukee County

121 W. Main Street

Port Washington, WI 53074

Phone: (866) 537-4261

TTY/TDD/Relay: WI Relay 711

ADRC of Racine County

14200 Washington Avenue

Sturtevant, WI 53177

Phone: (866) 219-1043

TTY/TDD/Relay: WI Relay 711

ADRC of Rock County

1900 Center Ave

Janesville, WI 53546

Phone: (608) 741-3600

Toll Free: (855) 741-3600

ADRC of Sheboygan County

650 Forest Avenue

Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085

Phone: (800) 596-1919

TTY/TDD/Relay: (920) 467-4195

ADRC of Walworth County

W4051 County Road NN

P.O. Box 1005

Elkhorn, WI 53121

Phone: (800) 365-1587

TTY/TDD/Relay: (262) 741-3255

ADRC of Washington County

333 E. Washington Street, Suite 1000

West Bend, WI  53095

Phone: (877) 306-3030

ADRC of Waukesha County

514 Riverview Avenue

Waukesha, WI 53188

Phone: (262) 548-7848

TTY/TDD/Relay: WI Relay

Member Success Stories

Look at what some of our Members have to say

With My Choice Family Care, we know each other...

-- Patricia

Read More
My team is fantastic!

-- Osker

Read More
My brother is a contributing member of our community...

-- David G

Read More

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Family Care?

Family Care is a comprehensive and flexible long-term care service system, which strives to foster people's independence and quality of life, while recognizing the need for support.

Who can become a Member of My Choice Family Care?

Below is a list of the requirements, regulated by the State of Wisconsin, for eligibility in Family Care.
• Be an adult aged 65 or older that is in need of supportive services, or
• Be an adult 18 or older with a physical disability, or
• Be an adult 18 or older developmental/intellectual disability
Individuals must also be financially eligible for Medicaid, and be functionally eligible as determined by the Wisconsin Adult Long Term Care Functional Screen. Individuals must meet residency requirements in the counties served by My Choice Family Care.

What is the residency requirement for My Choice Family Care?

My Choice Family Care currently serves adults that reside in the following Wisconsin counties:
• Kenosha County
• Milwaukee County
• Ozaukee County
• Racine County
• Rock County
• Sheboygan County
• Walworth County
• Washington County
• Waukesha County

How can I get more information about Family Care?

Anyone interested in learning more about their options for long-term care, including applying for Family Care, should contact their local Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC). Scroll up on this page to see all locations.

How do I enroll?

Anyone interested in learning more about their options for long-term care, including applying for Family Care, should contact their local Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC).

What benefits are available in Family Care?

The list of services My Choice Family Care provides is called the “Family Care Benefit Package.”
Your Team must approve all services before you start receiving them. You and your Team will identify services using the Resource Allocation Decision (RAD) process to find the most cost-effective care plan for you. You will only get services that are necessary to support your long-term care outcomes and assure your health and safety.

Who is my Care Team?

The care team consists of the Member, a nurse, care manager, family and others of choice in the Members support network.

What is a Member Centered Plan?

Your Member Centered Plan (MCP) is an ongoing plan that documents personal experience and long-term care outcomes, needs, preferences and strengths. The MCP identifies the services and supports the Member receives from family or friends and identifies services My Choice Family Care will provide. The Care Team and the Member meet regularly to review the Member Centered Plan.

Can I choose my own providers?

Yes. As a Member, you can choose providers from My Choice Family Care’s provider network or Self-Directed Supports (SDS).
You can choose the Self-Directed Supports option if you want to manage some of your own services. SDS gives you considerable choice and control over:
• Who provides your services (such as a family member, friend or agency);
• What services you need;
• How you want your caregivers to do specific tasks; and
• When you receive services.
Your team can provide you with additional information about your options.

How are the support service needs decided?

During the assessment process, you and your Team will identify your long-term care outcomes. This helps you and your Team know what services and supports will meet your needs. You and your team will use the Resource Allocation Decision (RAD) process as a guide in making decisions about services. The RAD determines the services that will support your long-term care outcomes in the most cost-effective manner.

What if I have a complaint?

There are several ways to address a concern. Please work with your Care Manager and Nurse, if possible, or you can call your Member Liaison at 414-287-7621. For additional information, refer to your Member Handbook.

How do I receive care after normal business hours?

If you have urgent business needs that cannot wait until the next business day, call toll free 1-877-489-3814. This is a FREE call from anywhere in the US. On-call staff are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911.

What costs will I have for services?

You are not required to pay for any supports or services in the Family Care benefit package, that are identified in your Member Centered Plan (MCP) as necessary to support your long-term care outcomes. If you arrange for supports or services that are not in your care plan, you will be responsible to pay for them.
There are two other types of expenses you may have to pay each month:
• Cost share and/or spend down
• Room and board
For information about expenses, contact your Care Manager.

What is a cost share or spend down?

A cost share or spend down is the monthly amount that some Members may have to contribute toward the cost of their services. Cost share or spend down is based on income and is determined by the State’s Income Maintenance agency. Individuals must pay their cost share or spend down every month to remain eligible for Medicaid and Family Care. Please refer to your Member Handbook for more information.